(Solved) Error using using main.cpp and having local calls for RPCs (sorry, unimplemented: non-trivial designated initializers not supported struct mg_rpc_call_opts)

This started as porting for Arduino library in this post

it is a C++ library so I changed main.c to main.cpp and did the change as advised that post

extern "C" enum mgos_app_init_result mgos_app_init(void)
{

The rest of the functions in that was in the main.c stayed the same in main.cpp

now I’m getting this error

/data/fwbuild-volumes/2.14.0/apps/GardenSystem/esp32/build_contexts/build_ctx_076654842/src/main.cpp: In function 'void power_flow_timer_cb(void*)':
/data/fwbuild-volumes/2.14.0/apps/GardenSystem/esp32/build_contexts/build_ctx_076654842/src/main.cpp:132:72: sorry, unimplemented: non-trivial designated initializers not supported
  struct mg_rpc_call_opts opts {.dst = mg_mk_str(MGOS_RPC_LOOPBACK_ADDR)}; 
                                                                        ^
/data/fwbuild-volumes/2.14.0/apps/GardenSystem/esp32/build_contexts/build_ctx_076654842/src/main.cpp:132:72: warning: missing initializer for member 'mg_rpc_call_opts::dst' [-Wmissing-field-initializers]
/data/fwbuild-volumes/2.14.0/apps/GardenSystem/esp32/build_contexts/build_ctx_076654842/src/main.cpp:132:72: warning: missing initializer for member 'mg_rpc_call_opts::tag' [-Wmissing-field-initializers]
/data/fwbuild-volumes/2.14.0/apps/GardenSystem/esp32/build_contexts/build_ctx_076654842/src/main.cpp:132:72: warning: missing initializer for member 'mg_rpc_call_opts::key' [-Wmissing-field-initializers]
/data/fwbuild-volumes/2.14.0/apps/GardenSystem/esp32/build_contexts/build_ctx_076654842/src/main.cpp:132:72: warning: missing initializer for member 'mg_rpc_call_opts::no_queue' [-Wmissing-field-initializers]
/data/fwbuild-volumes/2.14.0/apps/GardenSystem/esp32/build_contexts/build_ctx_076654842/src/main.cpp:132:72: warning: missing initializer for member 'mg_rpc_call_opts::broadcast' [-Wmissing-field-initializers]
/data/fwbuild-volumes/2.14.0/apps/GardenSystem/esp32/build_contexts/build_ctx_076654842/src/main.cpp: In function 'void call_health_cb(mg_rpc_request_info*, void*, mg_rpc_frame_info*, mg_str)':
/data/fwbuild-volumes/2.14.0/apps/GardenSystem/esp32/build_contexts/build_ctx_076654842/src/main.cpp:238:7: warning: unused variable 'res' [-Wunused-variable]
  bool res = mgos_mqtt_pub(topic, message, strlen(message), 1, false);

which is referring to this function

static void power_flow_timer_cb(void *arg)
{
	struct mg_rpc_call_opts opts {.dst = mg_mk_str(MGOS_RPC_LOOPBACK_ADDR)}; 
	int sleep_time = mgos_sys_config_get_cct_scent_conf_sleep_cycle();
	LOG(LL_INFO, ("Enter Power Flow Timer"));
	mg_rpc_callf(mgos_rpc_get_global(), mg_mk_str("CCT.nodeHealth"), NULL, NULL, &opts,
				 "{}");
	mg_rpc_callf(mgos_rpc_get_global(), mg_mk_str("Config.Save"), NULL, NULL, &opts,
				 "{reboot: false}");
	for (int i = 0; i < 5; i++)
	{
		i++;
	}
	mg_rpc_callf(mgos_rpc_get_global(), mg_mk_str("CCT.espSleep"), NULL, NULL, &opts,
				 "{time: %d}", sleep_time);
	(void)arg;
}

I understand its a related to the struct, but not sure how to deal with it after changing the main to c++, and the main reason it is used is to invoke a set or RPCs locally.

your guidance is appreciated.
Leo

Your question is not related to Mongoose OS. It’s rather the difference between C and C++;
Try this:

struct mg_rpc_call_opts opts;
  memset(&opts, 0, sizeof(opts));
  opts.dst = mg_mk_str(MGOS_RPC_LOOPBACK_ADDR);
1 Like

@nliviu thanks for the help.