ESP32 wifi Disconnect

If you are asking a question, please follow this template:

1. My goal is: I am trying to connect to router at home but not able to connect. But able to connect to my mobile hostspot

2. My actions are: I execute the command mos wifi “SSID” “PASSWORD” of my router.
    But it shows 201 error (disconnected). My router is configured for WPA2 PSK TKIP+AES

3. The result I see is: On the mos console I can see device is disconnected with error 201

4. My expectation & question is: I am able to connect to other wifi hotspot but not able to connect to my router. Is there anything else that needs to be done.

Please help

Have you tried to do a WiFi scan from the device to check it can see your router, and that the name is as expected?

Just a general WiFi/networking suggestion, check the band your router is using vs. mobile hotspot. There are a few apps out there that will do this, personally I’ve seen issues with over crowding on the frequency band causing general connection issues.

I’ve also had issues with 2.4ghz vs 5ghz with my router, but this would not be an issue if you can see your router when doing a scan from the device

Thank you for your response. Router is on 2.4ghz. I scanned the available networks and can see the SSID to which i am trying to connect.

Damn. My only other idea would be to set the SSID/PASSWORD on your hotspot to be exactly the same as your router, turn off the router and try connect via hotspot, then turn off hotspot and try connect via router. See if that shakes anything out

Only time I’ve had connection issues was recently after some heavy development, 100+ connection/disconnection events per day. After about a week the device stopped connecting to my router and I started seeing some strange issues with other devices on the router. I did a settings backup and factory reset then re-applied the same settings and its been good since.