BLE, Alexa and Mongoose OS

I’m still learning Mongoose OS, but have been quite impressed with what i’ve been able to do so far!

One of my intents is to hook up and ESP32 to Alexas as a gadget, which means working BT/BLE. I haven’t seen much in the way of documentation for BT/BLE, and some of what I have seen isn’t very explicit or has left me with more questions than answers.

Is there code out there that is using BT/BLE that i could peruse/learn from? Has anyone created an Alexa gadget?

Thank you!

BT/BLE are defined by the Bluetooth SIG; you can learn by digesting the several hundred pages docs they provide, and some videos. Those guys name things their way so you have to learn the jargon, don’t expect things to be named in a simple and communications-systems-friendly way.
Alexa devices (properly Amazon Echo devices) then have a specific BT API you will need to learn to interact with them as a gadget. Support depends on the type of Echo and its version. It is a product of Amazon and you find your info in the proper Amazon Developer pages.
If you refer to specific Mongoose-OS BT/BLE docs, it is only supported in the ESP32 and it is mostly a wrapper for what the IDF does, so the IDF docs are useful.

Said that, I second your motion and would also like to see some concrete workflow on doing this stuff.