Cc error for simplest_web_server_ssl on macOS Catalina

1. My goal is: Compile a working version of the example program, simplest_web_server_ssl on MacOS Catalina 10.15

2. My actions are: make fails using the default installation. I found this issue https://github.com/cesanta/mongoose/issues/1008 on github. It appears that my copy of mongoose.c incorporates the suggested changes. I see the include statement in mg_ssl_if_openssl.c, but it is unclear to me where this file is supposed to be on MacOS Catalina. I do see it in various Python installations, but I do not see it in LibreSSL. If issue 1008 was resolved, where was ssl.h?

3. The result I see is:

…/examples/simplest_web_server_ssl ❯❯❯ make

cc simplest_web_server_ssl.c …/…/mongoose.c -o simplest_web_server_ssl -g -W -Wall -Werror -I…/… -Wno-unused-function -pthread -DMG_ENABLE_SSL -lssl -lcrypto

…/…/mongoose.c:4670:10: fatal error: ‘openssl/ssl.h’ file not found

#include <openssl/ssl.h>

**^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~**

1 error generated.

make: *** [simplest_web_server_ssl] Error 1

1. My expectation & question is: I am fairly new to C and am trying to build a small website to develop my skills. Any guidance you may provide in resolving this issue, is greatly appreciated.

Install openssl, then add to the build command

-I /dir/where/openssl

E.g. if you use brew on Mac, it’ll be in -I /usr/local/Cellar/openssl/1.0.xx/include