What I did next was add these lines to the current init.js file

load('api_timer.js');
load('api_mqtt.js');

Timer.set(1000, Timer.REPEAT, function() {
    let ok = MQTT.pub('test/topic', 'hello from an updated firmware');
    print('mqtt message sent?', ok);
}, null);

Then I ran mos build
Then I updated the firmware over the air using the download button in mDash, it loads for 10 minutes or so, looks complete, but I get no logs in mongoose os, showing this based on the new code I added above.

That night I unplugged the device

1. The result I see is:

The next morning when I plug it in, it wont connect to wifi, I run sysconfig and debug sysconfig says wifi is connecting but it never connects. I reconfigure the wifi still no connection.

I decide to try and factory reset. Hold down the rst button for at least 30’s and nothing changes, the app is still setup that I flashed.

Another thing to note is the led is just flashing blue, so not sure why that may be

1. My expectation & question is:

I am hoping someone can help me reset to factory so I can start the process over.

Thanks

I can’t reproduce your issue.
In order for the provisioning library to do the factory reset, you need to connect a button on GPIO0

mgos_provision_btn.c:87 Factory reset button: pin 0, pull up, hold_ms 0 (hold on boot).

After OTA update, you need to call OTA.Commit from the dash RPC section:

[Nov  5 20:00:26.808] mg_rpc.c:292            OTA.Commit via WSS_out 148.251.54.236:443
[Nov  5 20:00:26.813] esp_ota_backend.c:599   Committing ROM 1
[Nov  5 20:00:26.816] esp_ota_backend.c:590   cur 1 prev 0 fwu 0

The log after OTA update:

[Nov  5 20:08:53.252] online: true {"ram_free":28708,"uptime":545.858317,"btnCount":0,"on":false} 
[Nov  5 20:08:53.316] mqtt message sent? 0 

Sorry I am going to be super slow with this, not really a hardware guy.

Ok First what is this line

mgos_provision_btn.c:87 Factory reset button: pin 0, pull up, hold_ms 0 (hold on boot).

is it instructions, or is it something I type somewhere, a little lost.

As for adding a button, I have a basic button. How do I hook it up to GPI00, i have a breadboard and a bunch of wires but dont know where to hook them up. Im looking at this here https://www.instructables.com/Control-LED-Using-PushButton-With-NodeMCU/ and would I just remove everything but the black wire and the button?

Here is my setup, not sure if it’s right. I am using a 10K Ohms resistor

What does OTA update mean? and I only have access to mongoose os throught the serial prot right now so how would I do a RPC Request? I am running on linux

Oh I think it means over the air, so once I am able to reset to factory and recconect to wifi and re add the device in mdash I run the rpc request