Looking for a consultant to help with Little FS

I’m trying to get Littel FS working with a Winbond W25Nxxx series chip, in this case the 1 Gbit device. Mongoose has drivers for this device but I have not been able to get them to work. I’m not sure if this is because I’m using them wrong, or if they just don’t work.

I’m willing to pay someone to help get it working. I contacted Cesanta support and they declined, saying they are too busy with other projects. They suggested I look for someone by posting on this board.

If you’re interested, please message me and we can figure out how to proceed.

Well, most of us are busy… if your budget is low perhaps you can get someone at Upwork to do it.
I can try to help with debugging brainstorming but diving into file system code without on-chip debugging resources is not something I like to do, no matter how cool LOG(LL_DEBUG,()) is.
People with deep knowledge of the internals usually meets at the chat.

Thanks @scaprile I actually posted it on Freelancer, but the two people who replied really knew nothing about embedded development. I had not heard of Upwork until you mentioned it just now, I’ll look into that.

I would think this can work, since I see Mongoose uses LFS for the ESP32 internal flash. It may be as simple as I have settings wrong, or it could be a bigger issue related to the large size of the device. This same chip does work using the ESP-IDF and LFS so there is every reason to believe this should be fixable. I can open and write to files, it’s just that the device starts reporting that it’s full after just several hundred bytes have been written.

I’ll try the chat, I have never used that, and thanks for your offer to help with ideas and such, that would be great!

Thank you.

I’m on Upwork, don’t recommend it but it is definitely better than freelancer for this kind of work. In terms of developer quality Toptal and Arc are better, though their evaluation process is biased against embedded-C developers. For tutoring there is Codementor (I’m in there too)
If you post here or in the chat, I can jump in. Since so far there’s only you and me here, I guess you’ll have more luck at the chat

Hi Jim,
If you are still on the lookout for some help I would be glad to help you out, as what you are wanting done is well within my area of expertise.
You can reach me on andrewjohnson.56782@gmail.com
Cheers and Have a great day ahead,
Andrew