- My goal is: set a custom MAC address with mos over serial
- I have read the ESP-IDF commands to do this, but is this possible with mos directly?
- I don’t see any examples of setting a custom MAC address (eFuse BLK3).
- My expectation & question is: Is there an example I can follow, or can someone share the steps to do this? Thanks!
Might be not exactly what are you looking for, but these 2 commits just landed:
They are available if you use mos latest.
That should work for me, because at my factory I’ll use mos-tool to put a unique client certificate on to each device’s file system. With these new commits, it looks is easy to set a custom MAC in the “vendor” conf1.json.
It doesn’t set the MAC in the eFuse BLK3, but I can live without that since I will be using flash encryption to lock down the file system anyway.
@causticphoton are you able to change the mac address?
The mac address does not change even after setting
- [“device.mac”, “089E11AABB21”]
I am using esp32.
yeah it works now, totally missed the format.