Total newb trying to migrate over to Mongoose OS - VSCode errors

I have a collection of ESP32 devices that I had previously hand rolled my own Arduino code to connect to my AWS IoT endpoint and upload a bunch of telemetry. Some equipment uptime, rpm, vibrational information etc. I hated it. ha. So now I want to migrate to Mongoose. So far the tutorials and documentation have got me up and running with RPC and it works good.

So I want to port my code over to it. I got my VSCode all setup with the extension, but for the life of me I can’t make it work at all. I am completely stuck with “#include “mgos.h”” underlined in red and the error message:

include errors detected. Please update your includePath. Squiggles are disabled for this translation unit (/Users/dasGorf/Documents/Development/Arduino/app3/src/main.c).C/C++(1696)

cannot open source file "mgos.h"C/C++(1696)

I have a mos.yml file that should be all correct. But I can’t figure out how to get past this. I’m not really a VSCode power user. Tons of Python but all that works out of the box pretty good.

Well it’s telling you the problem, there could be a few reasons for this. There are a few detailed VS tutorials, I suggest you find a good one and walk through it, you probably missed an important step.

If you need to start coding, all you need is a text editor. I tried VS and found it to be helpful, but not much. I still use Atom.